I started this blog back in 2010, as a place to vent about grad school, muse about the culture of science and academia through a grad student's eyes, learn and discuss what it means to be a woman in science and academia, and generally keep myself on track with my own research. I've thought this blog would be many different things over the years, but I think I've finally found its voice.
Here are a few personal details that may give more context:
- Ecosystems Ecology (freshwater; streams, lakes, wetlands)
- 4th Year Ph.D. (on the 6-year plan)
- Female (duh, but I feel pretty manly sometimes)
- Married (to a lawyer, someone has to make the money in this relationship)
- Future Tenure-Track (I will make your kids work for their grades)
- Not well published or funded (working on it!)